Will RaceRender work with my data system?

Helpful tips, solutions, and how-to's
Forum rules
This is a read-only section, consisting of information provided or approved by RaceRender LLC

Will RaceRender work with my data system?

Postby RaceRender LLC » Mon May 14, 2012 12:32 am

Q: Will RaceRender work with my data system?

A: It often does! While many data systems are named in the documentation, that is by no means a complete list, and even custom or future data systems may work. The key is that your data system needs to export your session's data into a CSV (Comma Separated Values), tab-delimited Text, GPX, TCX, FIT, or NMEA file format, and each sample needs to include a timestamp for that data. This is the case for many GPS loggers, some newer cameras with GPS, most motorsports data acquisition systems, and even certain smartphone apps. If you're a developer and want to offer compatibility with RaceRender, please see this link.

The best way is to test your own data with the Free Download. New products come out all the time, and existing products can change, so you can eliminate the guesswork and see how it works with your own data right away.

In less common cases, certain data column headings (ie Time, Latitude, Longitude, Speed, etc) may not be automatically detected. RaceRender will let you manually assign these, and optionally create a profile for your datalogger, by double-clicking on your data file in the "Input Files" list, which will open its configuration screen. This also allows you to apply certain unit conversions (such as speed), and create custom calculated data fields.

If a CSV, Text, GPX, TCX, FIT, or NMEA format happens to not entirely work, please send a brief sample of the exported data file to Info@RaceRender.com so that improved support can be investigated. It's often a simple matter, if the data is in a straight-forward format and adheres to common practices.
Last edited by RaceRender LLC on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Reason: Updated
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Return to Knowledge Base - RaceRender