Front Facing Camera?

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

Front Facing Camera?

Postby ps_v10r8 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:24 am

Hi,

As per my previous post, I have an iPad mounted on the passenger seat facing forward. I have followed the instructions to set up the track using the GPS, I'll let you know how that works out when I'm at the track next (this Thursday). In the meantime, I've been doing some testing using the segment option and I noticed that the video is using the rear camera which results in 10 minutes of my passenger headrest (together with a very nice recording of the engine)- is there any way to switch it to use the front camera instead?

Thanks again,

ps.
ps_v10r8

Re: Front Facing Camera?

Postby RaceRender LLC » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:40 pm

There is currently not an option to record from the front camera, but it looks like it should be possible to add that feature to the next app update...
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Postby ps_v10r8 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks, that would be great. In the end, I simply started the session and then attached the iPad with the screen facing in / rear camera facing out and it worked absolutely great.

As an FYI, I tried out several lap timer applications yesterday and liked TrackAddict the best. It doesn't have the most features but it was dead simple to use, worked reliably (probably the most important thing) and produced great quality information and output.

Thanks!

ps.
ps_v10r8

Postby RaceRender LLC » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Update: Recording from the front camera is supported in TrackAddict HD 1.7, which is now available.
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Return to TrackAddict (Archive)