GPS

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

GPS

Postby plepper » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:07 pm

I'm very impressed by the Track Addict app and want to get more accurate results. I'm using an Iphone 4 and thinking of a bluetooth gps to get the accuracy I want. My question is, are the listed supported units still the only kinds I can use? I'm using TrackAddict on my CRG sprint kart it has a top speed of around 55 mph what unit do you reccommend?

Thanks
plepper

Re: GPS

Postby RaceRender LLC » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Technically, any iOS-compatible GPS device should work with TrackAddict, as it would be feeding the data to all apps via Apple's CoreLocation framework. The catch is that there tends to be problems or inconsistencies with sample rates above 1Hz. The GPS data messages don't always come in at a fixed or predictable interval, even though the data they represent is based on a fixed interval, so there's some drift in the timing that can vary, and that can make a mess of lap time accuracy and other things.

For that reason, TrackAddict includes enhanced support for the Dual XGPS150 and XGPS160, enabling it to obtain the precise timing information it needs, so those should have the best results.
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Return to TrackAddict (Archive)