pocket mode for iphone 5 track addict

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

pocket mode for iphone 5 track addict

Postby RADRACER » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:27 pm

Hello, I have track addict on my iphone 5. I cannot find a rigid/trustworthy case/mount for my phone to attach to my sportbike. I am doing a trackday tomorrow. My question:

Can i put my phone in pocket of leathers and trackaddict app will capture laps/speed/gps, but not the video?

Is there a seperate setting so that video is not enabled in order to conserve battery?

thanks.
RADRACER

Re: pocket mode for iphone 5 track addict

Postby RaceRender LLC » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:34 pm

Video can be disabled by moving the quality slider to the "Off" position, however placing the phone in a pocket is often very poor for GPS reception when at speed on a track, and that will affect the accuracy of lap times. It can give deceptively good results at lower speeds on the street, but just doesn't tend to hold up when you're on a track at full speed. The only way to get around that (to get good GPS data when placed in a pocket) would be to use a compatible external GPS device, which is securely mounted somewhere that's not obstructed. The other concern with pocket use is that the accelerometer data will be no good, but that isn't really useful on a motorcycle anyway, so that piece wont matter too much; the bike's lean angle affects the distribution of gravity on the accelerometer axis', thereby skewing the G-force readings.
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Return to TrackAddict (Archive)