vids look a little fuzzy

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

vids look a little fuzzy

Postby Ricknau » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:55 pm

My videos seems fuzzy and slightly defocused when using Track Addict. When recording directly with the camera I don't see the fuzziness. The video was set to 720 both in Track Addict and in the native settings and stored on an SD card with 16GB remining. I'm using the free version with an old Motorola Photon Q 4G using Android 4.1.2. Is this a restriction of the free version? It's an old phone but new to me so I'm not totally familiar with it. Maybe it was some kind of auto focus glitch or something.
Ricknau

Re: vids look a little fuzzy

Postby RaceRender LLC » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:57 pm

There's no restriction.

TrackAddict will attempt to lock the focus, in order to prevent it from fixating on dirt/marks/pits on the windshield, or from continuously readjusting throughout the video (which ends up being incredibly annoying). However, the particular focus mode being used, and the success of that, is dependent on the camera and OS supporting that and implementing it. Due to the huge variety of Android device models, it is very difficult to be certain what exactly is happening or possible for each specific one. I've found that even the current batch of well-respected devices can have some big differences in their cameras. My first thought would be that this particular device maybe doesn't support explicitly setting far/infinite focus, and is instead fixing the focus based on what it sees at first... In that case, it might be thrown off because of something on the windshield, or another situation that causes it to focus up close. Another possibility would be if it is trying to focus far or infinite, and that's just misaligned somehow (could be damage from being dropped, something that happened over time, a design issue, etc.)

In any case, there's not much that can be done about that, other than to make sure the camera's lens is clean, and that the windshield it's looking through is clean as well, with no solid objects super close within the view.
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Re: vids look a little fuzzy

Postby Ricknau » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:56 am

Thanks for the reply. (Sorry for delayed response) Thanks for the explanation of possibilities. I will tinker some with it. May have to ditch the phone. I do though like your product. Used RaceRender to make some nice overlay vids. Can't wait for future Android in-phone rendering feature.
Ricknau

Return to TrackAddict (Archive)