Great App

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

Great App

Postby k24556 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:22 pm

What a great APP! I just bought a GoPoint BT1A and the bluetooth connection worked first time and the interface is really user friendly. :D :D

I haven't been to the track yet to use it; my next HPDE is in September 7 at VIR. Then it is on to the new track, the NCM MSP in Bowling Green KY.

I have some questions:

At VIR they just built a new timing tower that is a couple hundred feet away, towards T1 from the Press and timing building. Is this the Start Finish in the VIR track in the APP? There is a line painted across the track right there, so I'm assuming the structure is a timing tower.

Will the NCM MSP be supported by the app? My first chance to drive it will be parade laps during the opening ceremony later this month and I plan to video the track.

Is there a .pdf of the app documentation for us old guys that can barely read the screen of an iphone?

Again congrats! worth twice the price!
k24556

Re: Great App

Postby RaceRender LLC » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks! Glad to hear it!

The app's default start/finish point for VIR's Full, Grand, and North courses is set right on the painted line before the tower here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/36%C2 ... !1s0x0:0x0 It was believed that this line would be the most likely indicator of the timing loop location, but if that turns out to not be the case (due to the new construction or otherwise), then that could still work, just with more possible variance from official lap times, but you also have the option to set your own timing point: If you clear out the coordinates so that a point is no longer set and then go to record a new session for that track, you'll be given a large on-screen button to press as you cross the start/finish point on your first lap, and then any future laps or sessions would also use that point you had set.

Because the NCM track is brand new, with no user-submitted data or completed satellite imagery, we don't have a default start/finish point for it at this time. TrackAddict HD will recognize that track and pre-fill the name, but wont be able to offer a default start/finish setting there yet, so you would just have to define it yourself as described above.

At this time, there is not a PDF of the documentation available, so the website is the only source. I understand that this is not ideal on a small smartphone screen. I expect that we may want to revisit and revise the documentation once we get closer to completing development of the Android version and integration of HP Tuners technology, as those may introduce some new improvements or differences that would require an update anyway...
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Postby k24556 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Thanks for the reply.

The Google map of VIR is at least a year old. The OAK TREE at T12 fell down a year ago this last July, and they took out the other Oak tree at the Timing building when the track was improved this last winter. Also the Paddock is paved. the new pavement there, and the improvements at VIR: 150%!!!

Regarding the NCM MSP, is there any value in users providing videos and GPS data? When we do parade laps it may be possible to find out where the "official" S-F will be (there is more than one course configuration, so I don't know which one they will take us on). I have my BT1A and GoPro packed and ready for this trip and plan to video the track and get as much info as I can. It would be no problem for me to share.

At any rate, keep up the great work on your app and RaceRender. Great products for the price IMHO.
k24556

Postby RaceRender LLC » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:19 pm

Yes, it would be useful to see some video and data from the new track. That may help in determining the coordinates of the official S/F point, so that this track can be automatically setup in the future...

Thanks!
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Return to TrackAddict (Archive)