BE-GPS-1008 GPS device(Bad Elf)

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

BE-GPS-1008 GPS device(Bad Elf)

Postby dantasik » Sun May 18, 2014 11:38 am

Hi,

Im using TrackAddict for long time, but i upgrade to iphone 5S + BE-GPS-1008 GPS device and im unable to get 10Hz rate. I get only 1Hz rate. With previous model BE-GPS-1000 i set up default sample rate to 10Hz in Bad-Elf app. But in the new one BE-GPS-1008 there is not that option. So do you plan some feature that support 10Hz sample rate?Or im stuck on 1Hz..
dantasik

Re: BE-GPS-1008 GPS device(Bad Elf)

Postby RaceRender LLC » Mon May 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi,

You may need to contact Bad Elf about this… At this time, all data from the Bad Elf units is provided through the standard iOS CoreLocation framework, which can be somewhat limited in sampling rate, and does not give apps access to see or ask for anything more. To apps, it basically looks the same as the GPS from the iPhone itself, except that the position data should have better actual precision and accuracy.

I have been in contact with Bad Elf in the past, regarding a developer API so that we can communicate with the hardware directly to more reliably get 10 Hz GPS data (like TrackAddict HD does with Dual's GPS), but the last update I received from them was that this is still a work in progress that isn’t ready yet...
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Return to TrackAddict (Archive)