AppRadio

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

AppRadio

Postby mmarx82 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:43 pm

It would be cool to see you guys added as a compatible app for Pioneer's AppRadio, It would fill a void for alot of car owners who don't have the built in datalogging that the new Corvette's are getting. DashCommand is supported so I bet it wouldn't take much for you guys to be added and make some money in the process, plus it's free for you todo...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio
http://www.appradiodev.com/
mmarx82

Re: AppRadio

Postby mmarx82 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:11 am

Just wondering if this was a possibility?
mmarx82

Postby RaceRender LLC » Sat May 24, 2014 1:02 pm

This had been looked into a couple months ago, and I agree that it could be a pretty cool feature, but it would still require a bit of a development time and resource investment to do it well. So far, there are still a number of other enhancements being explored and worked on, which has taken more priority due to their potential applicability to a large percentage of users.
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Postby mmarx82 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:03 am

It's been awhile since I've checked in on this and it's likely nothing has occurred in this area, that said Apple has released CarPlay which would interface with many more devices than just the Pioneer system, including OEM systems. Has any work been done to interface with either AppRadio or Apple CarPlay?
mmarx82

Postby RaceRender LLC » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Nothing so far... Apple's CarPlay (and Android Auto) would appear to be a more practical attempt to standardize this kind of thing, but there have apparently been delays and nothing has hit the mass market yet. Pioneer and several car manufacturers have announced upcoming support for it though, so that's a good sign.
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Postby stupink » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:12 am

Hey,
Just a suggestion, I use Appradio unchained, its an android app to replace pioneers app, and allows full phone control, so you can use any normal phone app. and thus don't need a special app and can display trackaddict or harrys etc just fine :) (also uses radios GPS so you can put the phone in the glove box for safety on track)
stupink

Return to TrackAddict (Archive)