Brake Channel

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

Brake Channel

Postby glw » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:07 am

Is it possible to add the brake pedal to the channel list?

btw - I have a 2013 Nissan 370z and a PLX Kiwi 2 Wifi, in case that helps.
glw

Re: Brake Channel

Postby RaceRender LLC » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:03 am

Unfortunately, the status of the brake pedal switch isn't available via the industry standard OBD-II data parameters, which are known as Mode 01 PID's.

On some cars, there are enhanced parameters that may provide data like this, often known as Mode 22 or Mode 21. The problem is that these are generally not public knowledge, and are manufacturer-specific, if not also model-specific. Being that the technical information is extremely cost-prohibitive to obtain from the vehicle manufacturers, these cases usually have to be reverse-engineered one by one.

Nissan's enhanced parameters would also seem to be less accessible... I've previously tried to scan for these on a 350z, but it appeared to be unresponsive to these attempts, as if some special command (and/or hardware) was needed to activate the additional data. Other brands, most notably GM and Ford, tend to have their enhanced parameters much more easily discovered, and then we just have to try to decipher what that data actually means... That's easier said than done sometimes. Speaking of which, it looks like the next update to TrackAddict HD should be able to offer Clutch and Brake pedal data channels for certain GM vehicles (works on the C6 Corvette, and possibly others as well).
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Postby glw » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Thanks for the help!

I figured that would be the response based on my research but I was hoping there was a solution since I've seen video's of another 370z and it shows braking. I guess I'll have to contact the driver in the other video to find out how he got it to show.
glw

Postby mmarx82 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:23 am

RaceRender LLC wrote: Speaking of which, it looks like the next update to TrackAddict HD should be able to offer Clutch and Brake pedal data channels for certain GM vehicles (works on the C6 Corvette, and possibly others as well).

Look forward to seeing this, can you fix the app to allow me to record two more channels? 8 channels isn't enough for me. If you look at the template i submitted I'm already at max and would need those two channels to accurately obtain brake and clutch data as well.
mmarx82

Postby RaceRender LLC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:54 pm

Yes, the TrackAddict HD 2.6 update now allows selecting up to 12 channels, and includes those Clutch and Brake options for compatible GM cars. This update should be hitting the App Store in the next day or two...

Just keep in mind that selecting more data channels will typically result in a reduced sample rate, and therefore may have more noticeable lag in the readings.
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Postby mmarx82 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:00 am

I have tried this and it works well for the brake channel.

For anyone wanting to make a brake indicator I used a Enhanced Display Object for the Shift Indicator then in the foreground code I only had to comment out the line with the strobe by adding the double "//" in front of it. After that I only had to set the trigger level to what the car indicates, for my vehicle it was a 2.
mmarx82

Return to TrackAddict (Archive)