Support for GoPro WiFi

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

Support for GoPro WiFi

Postby ps_v10r8 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:01 am

Hi,

Since I'm an android phone user, I use my iPad for track days. The problem is, the iPad is too heavy to mount properly in order to get video and requires a lot of work to stabilize it from the vibration. For next season I'd like use the iPad for just telemetry and get the video from the GoPro and then combine them in RaceRenderer. I'm wondering if you have any plans to integrate the GoPro WiFi option with TrackAddict so that it can start / stop the camera when recording begins?

Thanks / Regards,

Ps.
ps_v10r8

Re: Support for GoPro WiFi

Postby RaceRender LLC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:11 am

Yes, a new GoPro HD Hero 3 was purchased for development last month, with one of the goals being WiFi start/stop control from within TrackAddict HD. Still need to dig through the technical specs and see what's possible or practical, but it's definitely going to be looked into...
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Postby RaceRender LLC » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Update: TrackAddict HD version 2.1 is now available on the App Store and includes experimental support for controlling WiFi-enabled a GoPro camera and monitoring its status, along with a number of other improvements. It has been tested with the GoPro HD HERO3 Black Edition, but should also work with all of the HERO3 line, and possibly some older GoPro cameras that have a WiFi BacPac attached.

More info available on the documentation page for this feature: http://RaceRender.com/TrackAddict/docs/GoPro.html
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Postby stupink » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:15 am

Hi, I have a sony actioncam (HDR-AS30v), it is also wifi, are there any plans to introduce generic Wifi control, or does a standard not exist and each camera need individual methods?
stupink

Postby RaceRender LLC » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:19 am

Unfortunately, there's no universal way to accomplish this, as each camera brand uses their own protocol. The only camera control support at the current time is for GoPro over WiFi. Some groundwork has been done so that certain others may be possible to add in the future, but that's most likely a thought for after we finish some bigger development projects that we're working on...
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Return to TrackAddict (Archive)