Feature Requests

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

Feature Requests

Postby hornetball » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:11 pm

I've been a TrackAddict user for about a year now. I use it with a 32GB iPod Touch and XGPS150A. Love it! It has been instrumental in making me faster. And I'm starting to get quite fast, fast enough that others notice (TTD track record holder at MSR-Cresson) and then ask me about what tools I use. So, I've become a TrackAddict ambassador.

Things I really like:
1. Solid, bug-free code. As a software engineer, I really appreciate that.
2. Ability to HD record in 720p. All the resolution I need and double the recording time!
3. Great graphics. My youtube fans love it! (LOL)

There are a couple of things I'd like to request though (who doesn't, right?):
1. Predictive Lap Timer: This is there now (thanks), but I'll be darned if I can see it in the heat of battle. WAY too small. Would be nice if the text size were increased to at least 2/3 of the lap time readout -- perhaps even the same size as the lap time readout. What I really care about is the delta time readout, so make sure that's nice and big with a clear green (good) or red (bad) background. It seems like there is plenty of space to accomodate this.
2. Grip Circle: It's quite jittery. Some filtering would go a long way to making it a nicer tool. Take a look at CMS's grip circle -- it's a filtered dot with memory -- really useful for visualizing how you're using the car. Here's a link showing the CMS grip circle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBChK2lNZ8U&feature=youtu.be.

Note that I started out using CMS but changed to TrackAddict because CMS was buggy and could only do 1080p. I really miss that grip circle though.

Honestly, I can't think of anything else. And that's after using it for a year. Kudos.
hornetball

Re: Feature Requests

Postby RaceRender LLC » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like we'll be able to make the predictive lap timer a little bigger in the next update that's released, although it still wont be huge... There are some inherent inefficiencies in trying to accommodate multiple different screen sizes and orientations, along with some other dynamic displays, that end up limiting how much of the screen we can effectively use under the current design.

As for the accelerometer readings, I had come to the same conclusion about wanting that to be a bit smoother on the video display, so that's being kept in mind. What's happening is that the current design does do some filtering, but these devices just tend to be subjected to quite a bit of vibration and jarring (accelerometers are extremely sensitive), especially in certain mounting conditions, so we'll probably want to look towards a more advanced approach to this...
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Re: Feature Requests

Postby hornetball » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:23 am

FYI, comparison of CMS and TrackAddict grip circles, both on my cars running same track. iPod mount (landscape) is the same in both cases.

CMS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x8HittUBE0

TrackAddict:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwieT3J81hM
hornetball

Return to TrackAddict (Archive)