RaceRender and Roadhawk HD

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes and Knowledge Base
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

RaceRender and Roadhawk HD

Postby Marcus Sundh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi,

I have the latest RaceRender version 3.1.1 Ultimate edition. I use a Roadhawk HD camera and the files created from the Roadhawk have GPS and G-force data inside of the video file, I think in NMEA format.

If I load a project in RaceRender, I've been told that the file has GPS data and a box appear that ask me if I want to extract the information to my project - so long everything alright. I choose templete and the RaceRender view appear.

Everything looks fine but both the g-force meter and speedometer don't work? Am I doing anything wrong?

With the Roadhawk software, the speedometer and G-force meter works perfect.

looking forward to replies :)

Regards!
Marcus
Marcus Sundh

Re: RaceRender and Roadhawk HD

Postby RaceRender LLC » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:30 am

It should all work automatically, and I've confirmed that the latest version of RaceRender works with the RoadHawk HD data samples that I have here. Please go into the folder that contains your video file and find the corresponding Text file (.txt extension; will have "-RR_Data" at the end of the name), and send that to me at Info@RaceRender.com, so I can take a look to see what's happening in your particular case... This is the decoded GPS and accelerometer data file that is automatically generated by RaceRender when it extracts the data from your video.
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Postby Marcus Sundh » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi,
E-mail has been sent, thanks for the quick reply.

Regards!
Marcus
Marcus Sundh

Postby Marcus Sundh » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:46 pm

Now I know what was wrong.

The Roadhawk camera was set to record 30min cycles with no events - the camera will be used on the tracks. The camera starts to record directly as quickly power is on, but it takes around 30s-40s before the GPS is locked, the GPS data in the files will be corrupted.

The workaround is to start the camera, wait until the GPS is locked (the car has to be parked), take the power out and inserted it again after a few seconds, the GPS is locked directly and the data will not be corrupted.

I have tested it now for three times and it had worked all times.
Marcus Sundh

Postby RaceRender LLC » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:30 pm

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you've got the cause figured out. It looks like we'll also be able to include some special filtering for RoadHawk data in the next update release of RaceRender, which should help in these cases too... That will be in version 3.1.3.
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Return to RaceRender (Archive & KB)