Data not correct durration

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes and Knowledge Base
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

Data not correct durration

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Im not 100% sure how to describe this, i have recorded a couple of videos with trackrecorder (torq) and imported them into race render most of them worked well but 2 of them seem to have some kind of corruption where the video is 32 seconds but the data is 8 odd hours, they were all recorded in the same way with the same settings.

if i trim the data down to where the vehical speed starts to increase the data stream is still far to long and it plays back at a very very slow speed.

any help would be much appreciated Rob.
Rob

Re: Data not correct durration

Postby RaceRender LLC » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:37 am

Most of the Torque data I've seen didn't have this issue, but what you've described sounds very much like it could be a case of the data file's timing being in a unit smaller than seconds. RaceRender is able to auto-correct for that in most cases, but shorter sessions are usually where that can have issues. A 32 second file might be reporting a time value range of 32,000 (ie reported in milliseconds), which could get interpreted as 8.89 hours.

Fortunately, that's easy to solve... Just double-click on your data file in the "Input Files" list to open its configuration screen, go to the "Session Time" selection (try "Device Time" instead of "GPS Time" for Torque), choose your data file's time field, and then the "Time Units Per Second" box to the right should become active. In this case, you'll probably want to try entering 1000 in there, which will tell RaceRender that the timing in the file is in milliseconds rather than whole seconds. If that still results in a length that's way too long, try 1000000 (microseconds) or similar variations. There may be a little lag when making these changes, as it is recalculating things based on what you entered.

If that still doesn't fix it, or you just get frustrated with this, please send the data file to me at Info@RaceRender.com, and I can take a closer look at what's going on.
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Return to RaceRender (Archive & KB)