Templates Missing User made Calculated Fields

Old forum being kept online for archive purposes and Knowledge Base
Forum rules
This is the old archived forum. Please post new threads in the new forum instead. Thank you.

Templates Missing User made Calculated Fields

Postby mmarx82 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:20 pm

So I created a template and the template should of contained 2 user Calculated Fields but they are not being saved as part of the template. This is the primary reason for the post.

Secondly, for the for the Display Object Properties for Lat and Long can you add an Checkbox to have it display as Absolute or not?

The template I created is here for verification btw: http://forum.racerender.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=209
mmarx82

Re: Templates Missing User made Calculated Fields

Postby RaceRender LLC » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi,

Calculated Fields are currently only implemented on the Input File level, so from a display object's or template's point of view, they essentially look like any other data field that's available from the input file. As such, the saved templates would only remember to look for that calculated field name that you created, but would not retain the actual calculation or input field for that (which are tied to the input file instead).

However, you can still save your calculated fields for future use... Double-click on your data file in the Input Files list, configure your calculated field(s) as you like, and then click "Export Data Profile". This will save your data field selections and calculated field configuration into a .RRLC file for use with other projects. Then for future projects, you could just double-click on the data input file to open this configuration screen, click "Import Data Profile", and then select that .RRLC file you had previously saved.

As for displaying Latitude and Longitude by absolute or relative, that will depend on what fields are contained in your data file... A few data systems include both absolute latitude and longitude as well as relative X and Y position, while others only have one or the other. Most will only have the absolute Latitude and Longitude degree coordinates, which is the preferable set to use, but RaceRender can attempt to make either situation work... It just doesn't offer any conversions from absolute to relative.
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Postby bhardy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:28 am

I have just installed the very latest version 3.1.1 in the hope it would resolve an issue I have with Calculated Fields. I see the comments above about these being implemented only at the file input config level, but even at that level I cannot see my calculated field headers in the pull down lists of fields available.

Specifically my logger returns lat/long as very big integers that need divided by 10,000,000 - I have created two calculated fields to do this conversion but I then want to associate my Vehicle Position X and Y to these new calculated fields. Their names do not appear in the pull down list. Have I missed a trick here?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,
Brian Hardy
bhardy

Postby RaceRender LLC » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:39 pm

bhardy wrote:I have just installed the very latest version 3.1.1 in the hope it would resolve an issue I have with Calculated Fields. I see the comments above about these being implemented only at the file input config level, but even at that level I cannot see my calculated field headers in the pull down lists of fields available.

Specifically my logger returns lat/long as very big integers that need divided by 10,000,000 - I have created two calculated fields to do this conversion but I then want to associate my Vehicle Position X and Y to these new calculated fields. Their names do not appear in the pull down list. Have I missed a trick here?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,
Brian Hardy

The Calculated field data is created at a later step, so they aren't available as input for position or those other standard fields. But, if you could send the data file you are using to me at Info@RaceRender.com , and tell me which type of system it came from, I can see if we can get RaceRender to automatically do that division for you... It is already doing similar things for some other data formats, so this might be an easy fix.
RaceRender LLC
by HP Tuners
RaceRender LLC
Site Admin

Return to RaceRender (Archive & KB)